Thursday, August 7, 2008

PLCMC Mobile Literacy Vehicle- A New Spin on the Bookmobile


PLCMC Mobile Literacy Vehicle
Originally uploaded by PLCMC

No excuses for not posting. I have been busy, but who hasn’t. At least I have been busy with exciting projects and school work.
Look at our new toy!

PLCMC’s Mobil Literacy Vehicle. PLCMC has put a whole new spin on the traditional book mobile. For one, it’s more colorful. For another, the patrons get to keep the books. That’s right; we are giving away free books. For twelve weeks we have visited Druid Hills Elementary and Allenbrook Elementary, plus the surrounding neighborhoods. We have met so many great people, and I know that we have gotten a lot of kid and families reading. Although the truck is hot, I really enjoy going out and have had a lot of fun with my co-workers this summer.
There are some excellent pictures of the program in action. Again, I will post them as soon as I have downloaded them.

Here are some quick updates:
1. I survived my three summer courses. I loved Materials for Early Childhood. I read 100 fabulous picture books and found some great resources for future programs. I muddled through my Research class and my Technology class. I don’t know the final grades for Technology (as I said, muddled through) but I think I did alright. Just an FYI: taking three summer sources and working full time is as hard as everyone said it would be, but doable. You just don’t sleep very much.
2. I survived Tricycle Music Festival 2008! We had three fabulous bands: They Might Be Giants, The Jellydots, and Frances England. Each band was unique and fun to work with. Once I get the pictures uploaded I will post them here and at my much-neglected Tricycle Blog.

Until then, Cheers!

No comments: